Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Miss List

So, I've been here in Taipei about 2 weeks now. There are some things that I'm really starting to miss. Here's a brief list of some of those, in no particular order:
  1. salad
  2. white meat chicken
  3. a reliable supply of toilet paper in public restrooms
  4. not having to get one's toilet paper (if it's available) before using said restroom
  5. Austin
  6. free Starbucks coffee... it's way expensive to have to pay for that stuff
  7. my people
  8. the freedom to be able call my people whenever from wherever
  9. Murphy
  10. multiple pillows and sleeping in a comfy bed
  11. Diet Dr. Pepper
  12. Granola bars... oddly enough.
  13. SALSA

Yeah, so otherwise, things are pretty much cruising along. I teach 6 hours a day, so it's sort of like my former normal life in a new country. My students are good- no real behavior issues or anything, but sometimes, getting them to talk is near impossible. Crazy after all those years in middle school, where it's pretty much the opposite.

Well, I've gotta get rolling. It's a school night after all. But as of tomorrow, I'm 1/3 of the way through.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger mitsi said...

I said my people. He's among my people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home