Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Big Fat Boring Update

Hello, all-

Sorry I've not been a very good poster of blogs. The wonder of VOIP has me talking on internet phone during times when I would typically be posting. That and the fact that I'm sort of in a routine here equal the fact that most of what I have to say is similar to what I've said before.

My circadian rhythms are pretty much on track with those of everyone else on this side of the planet. Here's an idea of my daily routine:
7:00-ish am- wake up, get ready for class, check e-mail (time permitting)
8:00-ish am- leave for school and/or to go pick up something for breakfast; go by the international office to make last minute plans for class and any necessary copies for the day
9:00 am- first class begins
11:50 am- morning session ends; go to international office to meet up with my friends for lunch
1:00-ish pm- after lunch, go back and hang out in international office; plan, visit, or just have an after-lunch sweet
1:30 pm- afternoon classes begin
4:20 pm- afternoon classes end
4:25 pm- hang out and decompress in international office; find out everyone's plans (or lack thereof) for the evening
5:00 pm- drop stuff at the flat; maybe go out, maybe go down to Monica, Amy, and Greg's place; more decompression
10:00-ish pm- usually back at the flat by this time; preparations for bed
11:00-ish pm- bedtime

Yeah, pretty boring.

Yesterday was an excellent day... my lesson went really well and my classes were talking a lot, I mentioned during one of my classes that the external hard drive I'd just recently purchased wasn't working correctly and suddenly 4 guys were on that thing like a professional pit crew. By the time classes were over, it was working beautifully and one of my students offered to take it home, partition it so that it is like 3 drives (E: for photos, F: for music, and G: for other), and format it. So delicious.

Afterward, another student offered to take me around to sample some local delicacies (ie: beef noodles and delicious mango ice), which was great fun and delicious. It was nice crusing the town with a local.

Pretty much otherwise, life has a bit of a normal-ish aspect to it. Normal-ish because it's slightly routine, but far far away from home. I promise to post more... well, next time. :-)

2 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Do you think you could bring those 4 guys back with you to fix my external hard drive?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger mitsi said...

Man, it's like crazy extreme computer fixer-uppers here. You could send me your hard drive (I'll be here 3 more weeks, so I'm partially serious) and I'm sure they'd have it right as rain in 20 minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home