Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Attack of the Bird SARS, and other mundane updates

Things going on here...

1) We had an earthquake last Friday during 6th period. It was little (something like 2.1 on the Richter scale) and I wouldn't have known it was an earthquake, other than my students telling me about it. I got really dizzy and nauseous, and that's pretty much the extent of my earthquake experience.

2) We found a Mexican food place Friday night. It wasn't quite like home, but was pretty delicious. They did have salsa and guacamole. The margaritas were more than acceptable, as well.

3) I had a massage on Saturday- the kind like in the movies where the lady WALKED on my back. For real! It was magical.

4) I got sick sometime on Saturday... started coughing really badly. Was calling it my SARS. The SARS got worse, turned into bird flu. By Sunday I chose to just lie in bed. I stayed home from school Monday, only leaving the house twice (once for water, once for food). Otherwise, I rotated between the bath and the bed.

5) By Tuesday the bird SARS had cleared up enough for me to go back to school. Oh joy. As soon as classes were out, I went home and went to sleep. I woke up to eat (surrendering, finally, to the call of McDonald's... funny how one craves familiar things when one's sick), then was back in bed.

6) Today I'm back up at 90%. However, I'm exhausted from singing George Strait and Johnny Cash with my students all day. I've decided that their other classes are reading/writing and listening/speaking; the class I'm teaching is Texas Culture. Next week we're learning about football.

7) More photos will be posted soon. I've really only been looking at the blank-ish walls of my flat for the past few days, so there's not much to see.

8) The Jones Soda bottles featuring Murphy's picture have been released and may be available at a Starbucks near you. If you are in the US or Canada, please go to your friendly local Starbucks and find my sweet boy's face on a bottle of soda. Oh yeah.

9) In Doraemon news, I now only lack 3 magnets from having the complete collection. Oh, and 2 of the "special" magnets, but I don't like them as much as the normal ones.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sars said...

Mitsi, I hope you are feeling better, that bird SARS can be a bitch! Come home soon, my phone misses your phone.

I think David would really support your Texas culture class, call him if you need any help on teaching the swagger/ego portion of the class.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Mitsi, I went to Starbucks last night and looked everywhere for a Murphy bottle but no luck. In fact, the silly girls behind the counter hadn't even heard of the contest and had no idea what I was talking about it. I explained the whole thing and they thought it sounded really cool and boy were they sorry they missed it. Anyway, I got one of them to check the cooler, but no luck. I will keep looking!

Hope you're having a great time. I saw that we had a visitor on Apartment 5B from Taiwan. Was that you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home