Friday, August 18, 2006

Bad Blogger

Well, kids, I'm a bad blogger. What can I say? I've been lazy in regards to it throughout my time here, and I apologize to any who may have felt slighted as a result.

Today's the last day of school, and as in any last day, it's a bit melancholy saying goodbye to everyone. I've very much enjoyed my students. It was an adjustment to go back to the classroom, but an overall good experience. They've been so sweet to take us to dinners/lunches and bring us all sorts of thoughtful gifts in the last 2 days (cards, Doraemon magnets, scrapbooks with photos from class- my favorite).

I have no regrets about deciding to spend the summer here- it's indeed been one of those good life and travel experiences. However, part of the beauty of travel itself is the returning home-- makes one greatful for the things s/he has, appreciate the oddities of his/her own culture, as well as glad to resume the rhythms of "normal" life.

I've got some Texas travel to do upon my return, then school starts shortly thereafter. I'll be talking to you all soon. Thanks for bearing with my poor blogging and travelling vicariously through me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home